Self Declaration of Environmental Commitment for E4environment Ltd
E4environment Ltd is a privately owned company working within the environmental sector as a consultancy offering advice on many areas of management of the environment.The company is aware that its biggest potential environmental impact may be the result of the actions carried out based on advice we provide to clients.To this end we ensure that good practice guidance is used where available and outputs are checked by experienced peers as part of our quality control system.
This is the third year that we have produced a Self Declaration of Environmental Commitment. During the past 12 months we have:
- Maintained our 5 star rating.
- Joined the Bike2Work Scheme to encourage less fuel usage by our staff.
- Extended our networking to encourage more companies to consider their environmental impacts.
We have identified and comply with all environmental legislation relevant to our business activities and currently reduce our impact on the environment by:
- Developing, maintaining and communicating environmental management systems, appropriate to the activities of the company.
- Minimising waste and recycling a wide range of materials including paper, plastic, stamps, cardboard, glass, water filters, electrical equipment and cans.
- Obtaining our electricity from a 100% renewable source.
- Using fewer resources through purchasing recycled paper and cardboard for office use and marketing materials and using e-invoicing as a matter of policy.
- Reducing energy through turning equipment off when not in use and using energy saving features on existing equipment.
- Monitoring vehicle mileage and using public transport where possible.
- Using eco-friendly consumables, including water based inks, recycled pencils and fair trade products.
- Monitoring water use.
- Implementing a purchasing policy and considering Life Cycle Impacts when purchasing new equipment.
- Supporting local charities and events through cash and in kind support.
- Encouraging staff development through training, education and voluntary work.
Although E4environment Ltd are already demonstrating a significant reduction in our environmental impacts, over the next 12 months we are also committed to:
- Looking at options for installing solar PV on shared office roof.
- Reducing our energy consumption by 10% by reducing our use of lighting, switching off plugs at the wall not simply on equipment and reducing our heating temperature by 10.
- Reduce our resource use by printing to black and white rather than colour if possible and further reviewing our paper use.
- Consider using Skype for conference calling rather than travel to meetings.
Date declaration agreed: 23rd December 2011